A valuation is an assessment of a property's worth at any particular point in time. Valuation is not an exact science and a formal valuation is an evidence based opinion formed from a comparison of relevant market data relating to sales of similar properties in the area combined with a detailed inspection of the building.
A valuation will include an internal and external inspection, a general description, measurements, details of the construction and services together with photographs all of which are referred to when reaching a conclusion of value.
Residential and commercial valuations can be required for a range of purposes including
- Private valuation for financial planning.
- Valuation for inheritance tax purposes.
- Valuation for divorce or separation process.
- Valuation for sale / marketing purposes.
- Lease extension or enfranchisement (acquisition of the freehold by a leaseholder) purposes. This is a specialist field and Chris is one of few valuers providing valuations under this legislation.
With over 30 years experience as a Chartered Valuation Surveyor, Chris is ideally placed to undertake your valuation and will be pleased to discuss your requirements in detail.